The HALO Trust is an INGO which has been conducting humanitarian mineclearance in Angola since 1994. The program currently employs over 650 national and 6 international staff and is supported by a range of international donors. HALO Angola is clearing explosive remnants left from the country’s civil war in the four provinces of Huambo, Benguela, Bié and Kuando Kubango.
HALO Angola is looking for an individual who is:
• Skilled in communicating on behalf of the employer with a diverse range of individuals and entities, from demining staff to government bodies on an array of subjects;
• Able to act competently on behalf of the Program/Deputy Program Manager when instructed in both Portuguese and English;
• Experienced in budget management and able to deal with multiple contracts with their own financial reporting requirements;
• Experienced in proposal and report writing;
• Knowledgeable on labour law issues.
Fluent in Portuguese with extremely high proficiency in English, the suitable candidate would be based out of Huambo and would travel to the provinces in which HALO works and to the capital on occasion. He/she would have an interest in working to assist vulnerable people in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
The start date for this post is November 2013. Terms of employment include a reasonable remuneration package and leave rotation.
Main interviews will take place at HALO`s global headquarters in Scotland. For applicants living close to an existing HALO country program there may be an opportunity for a short pre-interview in that country.
If you consider yourself to be up to this unique challenge and are prepared to make a two year commitment beyond the initial six month training package, send a one page CV with covering letter to:
(Due to the high number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will receive a response)